College Heights Baptist Church began in 1953 as a mission organized by four churches in Cleburne to reach the growing community in Northwest Cleburne. The first services were held at nearby Cooke Elementary school on August 2, 1953. On October 3, the church was officially organized and the building of the first sanctuary began that afternoon. The new church was named College Heights because plans were in the works to house the new Hill College Cleburne Campus in this community (that never happened, but we are still College Heights anyway!).
The first building was completed in 1954 and was quickly outgrown so a second building was constructed in 1960. In 1968, an education building was completed. These buildings currently house the missions and ministries of College Heights.
College Heights has been impacted our community for 68 years and we look forward to doing Kingdom of God work in this community for many years to come.